广客人士的坟场源自1820年代，当时在安祥山下 (现在的麦士威路) 设立了青山亭，1840年于河水山开辟了绿野亭，1870年在汤申路创建了碧山亭。
Kwong Wai Siew Peck San Theng is a cultural organisation and columbarium that was formerly one of Singapore’s largest Chinese cemeteries, covering 324 acres with more than 100,000 graves. Today the plot of land has become the bustling Bishan town.
Since 1980s, Peck San Theng cemetery has converted to a columbarium offering niches to the public irrespective of race, language and religion.
It was established in 1870 by Cantonese and Hakka immigrants from the prefectures of Guangzhou, Huizhou and Zhaoqing in Guangdong Province, China. It is currently managed by 16 clan associations to provide ancestral worship services to the public.
Prior to the establishment of Peck San Theng, Cheng San Teng (Maxwell Road) and Loke Yah Teng (Bukit Ho Swee) were established in 1820s and 1840 respectively.
The management committee conducts the two most important ancestral worships every year during the Qing Ming and the Chong Yang festivals.
Grand Universal Salvation Ritual is our flagship program to preserve and promote the family value of filial piety.
The incomes from columbarium and donations are used to fund various community welfare projects such as bursaries and senior red packets. We provides financial support to the Kwong Wai Shiu Hospital, a charitable organisation that provides healthcare and hospice services to the aged and needy.
Our next major social and cultural engagement with the public is through the Kwong Wai Siew Peck San Theng Heritage Gallery.
Inheriting the outstanding traditional values, Kwong Wai Siew Peck San Theng transforms itself from a cemetery management to an organisation that contributes to the society, promotes charitable causes and propagates the Chinese culture through the following endeavours: